What do you get when you combine the simplicity of a luxury hotel, the liberty and privacy of a vacation rental, and a big dose of high fashion? Jaw-dropping apartments and homes available to rent for your next holiday. Going above and beyond the typical sandy-floored shore rental, these spaces are design destinations in and of themselves.
Have a peek inside those eight swoon-inducing rentals all around the world.
1. Margaret River Beach House, Australia. This magnificent beach house is located near the world-class Margaret River surfing area, and boasts 180-degree views of the ocean from each room. Using a pantry support, your own private chef and housekeeping, you may enjoy the comforts of a property with all the advantages of a luxury hotel.
The terrace and cantilevered balcony offer jaw-dropping views of the Indian Ocean and also front-row chairs for magnificent sunsets. More info
2. Dumbo Penthouse, Brooklyn, New York. This contemporary loft is an utterly glamorous home base from which to explore New York City. The smoky blue and gray color scheme and luxurious touches such as hide carpets and original art set this space aside.
The lounge-friendly living spaces, full laundry and kitchen help guests feel at home, and children of all ages are welcome.
Bonus: An iPhone is included with your stay, for becoming oriented with channels and making local calls. More info
3. The Chromatic House, Portugal. This home in Torres Vedras, Portugal, is a visual confection with a different bright, bold hue in virtually every area. Produced by architect Pedro Gandanho, this townhouse might be the best escape for lovers of ultramod design. More info
4. Artsy Primrose Hill Townhouse, London. In the lemon-yellow stripes on the ceiling into the oversize contemporary art gracing nearly every wall, this London house exudes style. And since it’s four bedrooms, three baths and a private backyard, you could fit your whole clan. More info
5. Modern Villa, Tuscany, Italy. This breathtaking villa seamlessly combines new and old, rustic and tasteful. An infinity swimming pool beckons with stunning views of the amazing mountains, along with also an onsite gourmet chef is available to prepare luscious meals with local components.
With eight bedrooms and eight baths, multiple lounge areas and an outside pergola-covered dining area, the villa could make an unforgettable escape to the whole extended family — or a huge group of close friends.
The buttery showers have been stocked with cult-favorite Santa Maria Novella goods, and posh extras such as locally produced cashmere goodies await when you get out. More info
6. City Docks, London. This big, lofty space is decorated with chic, contemporary furnishings and contemporary art, and boasts a sauna area and theatre room. And should you spied only the inside, you would never guess you’re staying … on a houseboat!
Once utilised to carry coal along the Seine, this vessel was converted into a spacious, contemporary home on the water. It’s hard to imagine a more unusual place to stay — right in the heart of London. More info
7. Modern Family Loft, Manhattan. Having a woman’s room, boy’s room and playroom (along with the master suite) this airy, contemporary loft in the Flatiron area has everything a hip traveling family could possibly want. More info
8. The Balancing Barn, England. Crafted by Dutch design firm MVRDV, this cantilevered house near the Suffolk coast is sure to send contemporary design lovers over the moon.
A stunning feat of design, the Balancing Barn appears to float above the surrounding landscape. More info
Inform us : Which space is your favorite? Would you ever try a design-centered rental for your holiday?
More: Tree house hotels and more destinations for design lovers